Shop my Instagram

they call me lolita

i am not a fan of halloween, just as i am not a fan of any imported holidays. in fact i stayed in last night just to avoid all the halloween parties around town but that doesn't mean i don't like to dress up and get into character from time to time. today was such a beautiful day i got really inspired by my heart shaped sunglasses and decided to do a lolita inspired outfit. well, i know you can pretty much put anything on and just wear these glasses and you're the cover of stanley kubrick's lolita from 1962. i knew i wanted to wear some bold colored tights and red seemed the most appropriate, and then the plaid dress was yet another quick and obvious decision. this sure called for some blood red lips, but since i don't own a lipstick this will have to do. i only use the color red as an accent, a tiny detail or to make an outfit pop. it is a very strong color and this is as much as i can pull of. one thing i know it sure does lift up the spirits. you cannot keep a frown in the presence of red.

dress: h&m * tights: random * shoes: dgm

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit and wonderful idea for Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I wear those heart sunglasses all the time. I'm a big fan of wearing red, but then again my hair is not also red

    ReplyDelete